Monday, April 25, 2011

It's the most Wonderful time of the Year...

As I have previously stated a few times here, I am a huge fan of The Bamboozle Festival hosted every year.  I am a six year veteran after this year.  The festival means a lot to me; its something I do every year with my sister, made me realize I want to write about music, and exposes me to so much every time.  With that being said, I have made a promise to myself (and my sister, my number one fan) to do an entry every day this week about an artist or band that will be performing this year, or something Boozle related. 

Lets start off with some background information.  For those that do not know, The Bamboozle Festival is now a three day, rain or shine event held in New Jersey every year.  The festival has evolved from Skate and Surf Festival.  For the last six years, Bamboozle has been held at the Meadowlands Sports Complex in East Rutherford, New Jersey.  The festival boasts over ten stages, a hundred plus musical acts, comedians, carnival rides, and much more. Musical acts in the past have ranged all over the spectrum: Fall Out Boy, Brett Michaels, GWAR, Demi Lovato, Snoop Dogg. The festival prides itself on embracing music, new talent, and diversity in tastes.  

With all that being said, 2011's line up is the most diverse yet to be seen.  Just the headlining acts support that fact.  Friday Night Wiz Khalifa and Thirty Seconds to mars Will headline, Taking Back Sunday and The Gaslight Anthem will split Saturday night, and Bruno Mars, Motley Crue, A Day to Remember and Lil Wayne will close the festival Sunday.  The festival is certainly sporting its biggest names ever, but they also have a lot of up and coming artists on the bill this year.   

There are over 120 performers this year, so it will be hard to catch everyone.  Spin Magazine posted on their website ten acts they think people should check out.  Their choices show the range of styles being preformed at the festival: rap, rock, blues, indie, dance.  Some of these performers have caught my eye as well and my list of must sees. Finding new music and artists is one of the reasons why The Bamboozle Festival is so popular!


No comments:

Post a Comment