Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Mixtape Volume 1

So usually during the middle of the week I have established the songs, or even albums, that I am going to burn into memory. The play list takes me to school, through a horrible college algebra class, and back home. Its what I blast while cleaning, taking a shower, or avoiding whatever adult like responsibility I do not want to take care of at the moment. Now a days we all have media players, music on our phones, no need for a cassette or even a CD. But back in the past, you made CDs/tapes with these play lists-mix tapes. A mix tape is a collection of songs put in an order, specific at times, to show the maker's taste. Some have even said a mix tape is a form of art; showing the artist's feelings and a form of expression. Since the namesake of this blog is based on this art form, I felt it is only right I paint on my canvas once a week. So here is Volume One of Megalina's Mixtapes: 




  • All Time Low-"I Feel Like Dancin'": The first single off their upcoming album, Dirty Work, ATL released the single today. Rivers Cuomo from Weezer helped the band write the track. Fun and catchy like all ATL songs. Only available on Amazon and ITunes.







  • Destroy Rebuild Until God Shows-"Sex Life": Off of the self titled debut from the band. Any reason to listen to sexy Craig Owens is okay with me and the song has been stuck in my head with the release of its music video today.







  • Katy Perry featuring Kanye West-"E.T.": Fourth hit off of Miss Perry’s latest album. this is my shameless radio hit of the week. I'm not a fan of Yeezy personally, but musically he is a genius and his rhymes are on point. The beat gets stuck in my head as well.







  • Sugarland-"Stuck Like Glue": Single from their recent album, Incredible Machine. As I stated when I started this blog, my musical taste is all over the map. I could dance around to this song all day! It makes me feel girly and giggly and cute!







  • Darius Rucker-"This": Off of Mr. Rucker's album Charleston SC 1966. As you could have just guessed I enjoy a little country here and there. My brother is a "good ole boy" as well and he plays this just about every day. Country songs are always about lyrical content and this song delivers.







  • Snoop Dogg-"Sweat(David Guetta Remix)": Who ever thought you could fist pump to the d oh double g? Being a girl from the east coast, I have been a jersey shore patron way before it was an overrated reality show. With that being said, I love me some good techno beats. This mixture between Snoop and Guetta is the perfect taste of summer right before it begins.







  • Foo Fighters-"Rope": Off the highly anticipated upcoming album, Wasting Light. I CAN NOT WAIT FOR THIS ALBUM. Nuff said in my book haha







  • Mike Posner feat Lil Wayne-"Bow Chicka Wow Wow": Okay, okay. I have two shameless radio hits this week. But the combo of Posner and Weezy is awesome. The beat is sultry and sexy and its catchy.







  • Death Cab For Cutie-"Home is a Fire": Recently released off their upcoming album, Codes and Keys, the kings of Indie rock are back! This is another album I am looking forward too and the first single does not disappoint.







  • The Kills-"Satellite": I am a new fan of The Kills! The single is rocking and I can not wait to sit down tomorrow to actually listen to the entire album, Blood Pressure.







  • Jamie Foxx featuring Drake-"Fall for your Type": What girl can not resist a good slow R&B serenade every once in awhile? I am obsessed with Drake firstly(can you tell musicians are my weakness?) and the lyrics of his rap and Foxx's verses for some reason speak to me right now...






  • *Note-the last songs of my first mix tape and the next two will be artists preforming at this year's Bamboozle Festival in New Jersey. I am a six year veteran of the festival and I tend to start listening to music that will be played there this time of the year.*
    • Taking Back Sunday-"El Paso": With the release of the video earlier this week, I have already overplayed this song. Can not wait for the rest of the self titled album from the reunited band!
    • A Day to Remember-"It's Complicated": I am probably most excited to see this band play the festival. This is the third song off their latest album, What Separates Me From You, and the one I relate to the most personally.
    • Forever the Sickest Kids-"Keep on Bringing Me Down": Off their recently released self titled album. This song just gets stuck in my head and I am looking forward to see FTSK preform.
    • Chiddy Bang feat. Mac Miller-"Heatwave": This is my find of the day! Stalking a.k.a tweeting this morning I came across the new single from Chiddy Band and I am in love! They are riding a wave of success off their recent win at the MTVU Woodie Awards and their album, Breakfast, is gaining a lot of hype for its summer release.
    That’s it for this week...hope you check some of them out...or keep playing them if you already have :)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment