Thursday, April 21, 2011

Mixtape Volume 3

  • Blake Shelton:"Honey Bee"- This is my country song of the week! The minute I heard this song, it has been stuck in my head.  I love Shelton's back and forth comparisons with his lyrics ("You be my glass of wine, I'll be your shot of whiskey") and it’s just a cute way to approach a love song.
  • Family Force 5:"You Got It"- I have been in love with this band since I saw them at Bamboozle two years ago.  This song was recently released and it’s got a great reggae/rock vibe.  Family Force 5 is known for their unique blend of sounds, and this stays with that trend.
  • Rock Mafia:"The Big Bang"- Reality TV. is one of my many vices, I am addicted.  This song is the theme song for vh1's new series Mob Wives.  It’s a catchy little tune and I am in love.
  • Bayside:"Sinking and Swimming on Long Island"- Quite frankly, Bayside is one of those bands I could listen to all day.  This is a track of their newest album, Killing Time.
  • Adele:"Rolling in the Deep"- I know I had a single from Adele's newest album, 21, last week, but what girl could resist this song?
  • Mumford and Sons:"The Cave"-This is a band that I am very interested in seeing what is to come for them.  Mumford and Sons have had a lot of hype around them and quite frankly, in my opinion, they have delivered.
  • Chris Brown:"Look at Me Now"- My shameless radio clip of the week.  Everyone’s favorite R & B domestic abuser is now trying to be a rapper.  The rhymes are not half bad and the beat makes me think of dance combinations on the way to school. Just please Chris, get rid of the blonde.
  • Beastie Boys:"Make Some Noise"- Anything with "New" and "The Beastie Boys" in the same sentence is simply amazing in my book. 
  • AC/DC:"T.N.T."- One of the greatest Rock and Roll bands ever to grace this planet. Anything from AC/DC should be played as often as possible and as loud as possible. And I have to thank a very close friend of mine ("the man beast") for getting this song stuck in my head.
  • Kid Rock Feat. Sheryl Crow:”Collide”- As far as I am concerned, these two artists can make an entire album together.  Their first collaboration, “Picture” was stuck in my head forever.  There second single is no different, they just sound so beautiful next to each other
Bamboozle Songs of the Week:
·        Senses Fail:”Reinventing your Exit”- This was probably the first Senses Fail Song I memorized and made me a fan.  I have not seen this band live in about Seven years and I am really excited to see their growth.
·         A Day To Remember:”If It Means A Lot to You”- Again I will say it, probably one of the bands I am most excited to see.  ADTR can go hard, but this song shows everyone they can produce and awesome ballad as well.  Sierra Kusterbec (lead singer for VersaEmerge) adds some pretty sick vocals as well.
·         Lil Wayne:”I am Not a Human Being”- It’s Weezy. I could have really picked anything but this one has been stuck in my head for weeks due to the TV. show America’s Best Dance Crew.
·         A Loss For Words:”Stamp of Approval”- This is a new band to my ears because of Bamboozle this year.  So far, I really like what I hear.
·         Vanna:”Into Hell’s Mouth We March”- Vanna knows how to bring it hard.  But they also can throw some vocals in there at times and make a song be much more than just yelling and screaming.  I am also fully aware I am going to have to pit to see this band ha-ha

No comments:

Post a Comment