Monday, December 19, 2011

Mix Tape #11

So since the holiday season is in full swing and the countdown to Christmas and Hanukkah ends this week, I thought I would do a special mixtape this week and post my favorite 15 Christmas songs remixed by a few of my favorite bands.  Note, these are just remixes of traditional songs, if I tried to go into songs bands actually wrote about the holidays the list would have been huge!

August Burns Red: "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen"

Rest of the Mixtape:
  • Brand New: "O Holy Night"
  • States: "All I Want for Christmas is You"
  • New Found Glory: "The Christmas Song"
  • VersaEmerge:"You're a Mean One Mr. Grinch"
  • Anthony Green and Mindy White: "Baby It's Cold Outside"
  • The Almost: "Little Drummer Boy"
  • Death Cab for Cutie: "Christmas(Baby Please Come Home)"
  • Copeland: "Do You Hear What I Hear?"
  • Hellogoodbye: "Happy Christmas(War is Over)"
  • Mae: "Carol of the Bells"
  • Diamond: "Christmas Time is Here"
  • Craig Mabbitt: "Making Christmas" *
  • Balance and Composure" "Away In a Manger"
  • VersaEmerge: "Santa Baby"
 *Okay so I know this is not a "traditional" holiday song, but I am in love with that movie and that version!

No comments:

Post a Comment