Thursday, April 14, 2011

Mixtape Volume 2


Sorry its a little late!
  • Jay Sean Feat. Lil Wayne:” Hit the Lights"- shameless radio song of the week. makes me think of summer!
  • Foo Fighters:” These Days"-One of the great songs on this album! I could go on and on about this album.
  • Thursday:” Magnets caught in a Metal Heart"- First single off of Thursday's new album, No Devolucion. One of the best bands that are sometimes forgotten.
  • Adele:” Set Fire to the Rain"- Set to be the second single off the recently dropped record, 21. I could listen to Adele all day and just feel better as a woman.
  • Jason Aldean: “My Kinda Party"-Just a fun country song to party to obviously.
  • Emmure:"4 Poisons 3 Words"- Sometimes you just need something heavy to vent to. And you can certainly do that to Emmure.
  • Lupe Fiasco feat. Trey Songz: “Out of My Head"- Despite getting so-so reviews, I really like Fiasco's album, Lasers. I can not get this song out of my head.
  • Travis Barker feat. The Cool Kids:” Jump Down"- Barker's first solo album, Give the Drummer Some, is simply incredible. Barker is one of the best drummers out there today, and will forever make me drool ha-ha. He probably started my obsession with drummers!
  • The Runaways:” Cherry Bomb"- Throwback! I could rock out to this song for days and the fact that Joan Jett is 52 years old, has her ears gauged, and is still rocking, is well empowering!
  • Rise Against:” Make It Stop(September's Children)'- Rise Against is one of my all time favorite bands. This song also has a special meaning; the band uses this song to speak out about all the recent youth suicides happening in this country. Please check this out.
okay here are the Bamboozle songs for the week:
  • Big Sean Feat. Chris Brown:” My Last"- Stuck in my head! I have to admit I am not familiar with Big Sean, but I am looking forward to seeing him if all of his songs are like this.
  • The 59 Sound:” Even Cowgirls Get the Blues"- THIS IS AN AWESOME BAND. They do not make me feel old listening to this genre of music ha-ha.
  • Attack Attack!:” Fumbles O'Brian"- fan of crab core or not, Attack Attack! has a huge fan base and staying power. Personally a fan, my dad screams every time there blasting through our house.
  • Emarosa: “We are Life'- Their new self titled album is pretty good. However, I can not lie, I did only pick it up because they are playing Bamboozle and the infamous Johnny Craig is their lead singer. So now I am even more intrigued to see how they sound live now that Craig was just dropped.
  • 30 Seconds to Mars:” This is War"- Yes, I am a female. So therefore yes, Jared Leto makes me tingle. However, I am very interested in seeing this band because they have made a huge transformation since their last time playing the festival.

No comments:

Post a Comment